Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Emotional intelligence

After reading the “teaching emotional intelligence in the business school curriculum” article I learnt that having a high emotional intelligence (EI) you have more self-perspective to identify, asses, and control your own emotions and the others. As Frank Belizzi says “ emotions do matter in everyday living,and when recognized and used appropriate-ly can enrich our lives, our relationships and our performance at work. So, having a high emotional intelligence is the primary skill for success at work.

After doing the EIQ test I scored 95 of 115, this means that my emotional intelligence is more o less satisfactory. My scored is what I was expecting because I feel that my ability to understand and deal with my own emotions and the others are acceptable but could still use some improvements. I think I understand much better the other’s emotions than mine because sometime I care too much about people that I do not have time for my own needs. Moreover, I think I need to improve my self-awareness because sometimes I do not appreciate my work and I use to be really strike fulfilling my goals. Perhaps by working a bit more my own problems, I can become more confident in dealing with my own emotions and with the others. I think that developing a high EQ can be important not only for the work success if not for your own privacy live. You are able to know yourself better, exploring who you really are and how you deal with others. Improving your EQ we can improve not only our self-awareness and management but also to behave with better ethical reasoning in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment