Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Styles of Listening

My primary approach in terms of styles of listening is a people centered because most of the time I tend to be sympathetic person. Every time someone come to me for advice or tell me their problems I always show interest for others and their feelings. I also considered myself a people centered because I tend to put others before myself in placing myself in their position. One day my friend came crying to my room because a bounch of strangers broke into her house with weapons. I was empathetic to her experiences and I also wanted to ensure her that I would be there for her.


Moreover, one of the drawbacks of being highly sympathetic is that I can find problems when it comes to judging and dealing with people because I believe that everyone has good intensions. This can impair my sense of judgments and ability to discriminate. My good belief in people has brought me to have had some negative experiences with others who unfortunately did not share the same views as me. I used to be associate so strongly with others I do not see limitations and faults,which sometimes can lead unwise relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment